Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pin 2: Ice-Trapped Toys

Time: 1 minute to throw together - overnight to freeze
Cost: $0
Results: Fair


First pinned from: crumbbums.com


I've seen many variations of the ice block excavation activity on Pinterest. I knew I wanted to do a kids' activity today and this is the first one that popped into my mind. Quick and easy to throw together, I looked forward to the  30 minutes to an hour of quiet out-door playtime it would buy me. I'm such a selfless parent!

1st mistake: I only froze the block for a few hours...definitely freeze it overnight. It was still liquid in the middle, which made it very easy to break

2nd mistake: I didn't really talk about it with the kids before-hand or prep any 'digging tools'. As a result, the kids just started wailing on it...which was still fun. But when the last toy was stuck 'hopelessly' in the ice, Specs had a huge melt-down with lots of 'help mommy' and 'fix a zebra mommy' with me trying to explain solutions over his screaming.

Still, it was a fun 5 or 6 minutes, completely free, and something to cool off on a hot day, so certainly not a total fail. I think I'll try it again keeping today's mistakes in mind.








No comments:

Post a Comment