Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Pin 3: Low-carb Peanut Butter Mousse

Time: 30 minutes and a crazy amount of dishes
Cost: $0 because we already had the ingredients
Results: Good
Yield: 4 large servings



If you've ever done a low-carb diet before, you know how difficult it is to find a yummy dessert. If not, just imagine most of the desserts you eat...by the time you take away any sugar or flour, there's not much left! When I first saw this pin, WH wasn't currently low-carb, but as it's his diet of choice, I knew I should pin it for later. Well 3 weeks into lc, without a single cheat, it was time for a treat!

http://www.ohthatstasty.com/2012/01/peanut-butter-pie-decadent-and-low-carb.html

I withheld some of the whipped cream from the recipe and chopped up 8 semi-sweet chocolate chips for garnish (adding only 2.5 carbs). For sweetener I used 1/3 tsp of liquid Stevia. Tasting it myself, it wasn't sweet at all, but it was light and fluffy and creamy and peanut buttery. I don't think I would eat it as a dessert personally, but when you've gone 3 weeks without sugar, well. Let's just say after eating one serving, WH thought about it all night long at work. I just hope it isn't a 'gateway' dessert! I'm so proud of him and his progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment