Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, August 13, 2012

Pin 15: Sweeping Square Game

Time: 5 seconds
Cost: $0
Result: Fun!



Originally Pinned from: picasaweb.google.com

Anyone with kids knows the feeling of sweeping up enough cheerios to feed a small country. (at least I hope it's not just me!) I'm trying to teach the kids to clean up their own messes, and loved the idea of turning this one into a game!

I was not optimistic about the kids enjoying this 'game' despite the fact that they love to play with the broom & swiffer. I was half right. Curly enjoyed playing with the broom, but didn't remotely understand the goal. Specs surprised me by having a good time, and enjoying the challenge. He experimented with different broom and swiffer techniques before settling on one with a broom. Then he challenged himself to 'one last cheerio' swept up.

In the picture, you can see I placed the tape by the back door. This is where our portable dishwasher resides when not in use. The idea being I can leave the tape there, and it can be a dishwasher day game.  I may end up adding a circle as well, since Specs wanted to sweep the square cereal into the square and was asking for a circle to sweep the cheerios into. I love the idea of making it a shape sorting game too!

No comments:

Post a Comment