Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pin 18: Subway art birth stats

Time: 1 hour
Cost: $0
Results: Good



Originally Pinned from: www.etsy.com

I've wanted something like the link above for a long time. But 3 kids time $20...ouch. That's a heck of a Christmas present! I felt like surely I should be able to make something similar, but hadn't seen any tips or had any ideas (other than painstakingly printing all the stats in varying sizes, fonts, oh and in reverse and then attempting to trace them onto a board.

Then yesterday, I stumbled across a tip on one of my new favorite blogs, that it could be done in Picasa. Really?! As in free Picasa?! So I started the hunt for a tutorial. Found!

Once I got started it STILL took about an hour to input all the data and choose colors, fonts, etc and get familiar with the software. I can see why folks charge $20 per print! I added a few options to my own etsy store (although after noticing a spelling error on Pittsburgh, I offered potential customers up to two 'proofs' so that they can edit for themselves as well.)

Overall this was a fun project (if painstaking) AND it saved me $60. I'd call that a score!





No comments:

Post a Comment